"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 9


Last night we tried something new...Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower (no lemon though). We really liked it! We also enjoyed red lentil dal...pictured below...hopefully I will put the recipe up before I forget it...it was one of those wing it recipes. :)

Today was very much more of the same as yesterday...green smoothie breakfast, rice cake and sunflower seed butter, red lentil dal and brown rice leftovers for lunch along with a green salad made from butter lettuce.

We are feeling fine. We are still doing well and not feeling deprived. Jeremiah and I are both enjoying the foods we are allowed and feeling very grateful.

I had to make some more Cinnamon-Sunflower Truffles today. I had some really fresh, soft dates from Trader Joe's so didn't need to add any sweetener besides the dates. Here's a picture of them in process...I've already powdered the seeds and cinnamon and just added the dates and 2 T. of coconut oil. Blend that up well and then roll into balls and into coconut. Keep in fridge for snacking as needed. Yum. I also stored some of this in a jar, not rolled. I am planning to use it for apple crisp topping.


Dinner today was really good. I made Sunny Sunflower Seed Burgers from Ali's cookbook and topped them with avocado and lettuce leaves...then ate atop of the Quinoa Pizza Crust. I only use 1 T of oil in my cast iron skillet and I have reduced the salt in this to 3/4 tsp. We can make 3 cast iron pans of this crust from this one batch.


YUM!! So good. I think these burgers will help me to replace the junk food soy products we use to eat. I am thinking maybe I can learn to make them seasoned like sausage...I will have to give that a try. :)



Elimination Diet Tip: We will be able to add things to our diet now every 3 days. This is how we add things back to the diet and test for sensitivity. We are suppose to watch for any symptoms and note how we feel. Each new food is eaten 3 times a day for 3 days. In order to help us see what new food comes in to our diet and when, I wrote the foods right on to the calendar...here's what we are looking forward to adding and when:

4/6 lemons and limes... try: lemonade, lemon kale chips, lemon in soup and dressings.
4/9 tamari... try: stir fry w/tamari, add to soups, season seeds
4/12 potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant and peppers...try: Quinoa Pizza, oven baked fries, soups
4/15 beans of all kinds...try: vegetarian CHILI!! Our fave! Spicy black beans, refried beans, soups :)
4/18 nuts of all kinds...try: tamari almonds, spiced pecans, walnut topped apple crisp
4/21 banana, papaya, pineapple...try: banana ice cream, smoothies, banana and almond butter
4/24 SALMON!! Salmon burgers, salmon pancakes, salmon salad
4/27 tofu and tempeh...try: ?? not sure yet...don't usually eat it
4/30 STRAWBERRIES!! :) try: in smoothies, add to banana icecream...eat plain...YUM!
5/3 oranges...try: smoothies...eating fresh
5/6 peanuts...try: banana and peanut butter, add to soups and sauces
5/9 sesame seeds...try: gomasio, tahini, sesame green beans
5/12 chocolate...try: dark chocolate
5/15 eggs...try: scrambled, egg foo young
5/18 dairy...try: Quinoa pizza w/cheese, salmon and cream cheese, yogurt, kefir, sour cream
5/21 gluten free bread...try: muffins, pancakes, flat breads
5/24 millet...try: biscuits, cereal, soups
5/27 oats...try: oat meal, granola, cookies
5/30 corn...try: corn, soups, corn chips, corn tortillas, nachos, taco salad

If you think of me, pray for me. I am starting to entertain the thought that I am not making progress. I know that this is a lie. Why do I believe lies? I know I need to start preaching the truth to myself. This is a battle... and I don't want to lose.

Thanks for reading, :) Linda

2 comments:

  1. This is cool, nice work. I've been eating almost all raw and lots of green smoothies this week, too. Trying to catch Mike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good luck on that. I hope you win!! :)

    ReplyDelete