"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Friday, April 15, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 19

Today we had minestrone soup and these delicious crackers. We can't have sesame seeds so we simply used flax seeds instead.

We just finished the three days of adding in nightshades…potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. We didn’t try eggplant but especially enjoyed the tomatoes, potatoes and peppers. I made some yummy ketchup and tomato soup and minestrone soup. We also had fried potatoes, hash browns, baked potatoes. We get to use cayenne again. And we can use our everyday seasoning that has peppers in it too.

Kinda funny story. We use bionature bottled tomatoes and I recycled the bottle for storing our ketchup that I had made. Surprisingly everyone liked the ketchup this time. In the past I was the only one that would use homemade ketchup. Well, I was happy that everyone liked it and we all enjoyed some on our hashbrowns that morning. As I put the bottle away I noticed it was almost gone and thought how could that be? Then as I sat it on the shelf next to what I thought was the tomato sauce bottle in the fridge I realized that what we had used was the tomato sauce and we had used it instead of the nice full bottle of homemade ketchup still on the shelf in the fridge…and none of us knew the difference. LOL…save myself the time and trouble of making it and we can just use tomato sauce for ketchup.

Today was the first day of beans so I added beans to our minestrone, we had refried beans with chile in it for breakfast. It’s really great to have some more options for meals. I am looking forward to black bean soup and spicy black beans and refried black beans etc. We love black beans here.

This is a busy weekend to be on an elimination diet. But I am determined to make it work. Tonight we have a Care Group Pizza Party and I am taking Quinoa pizza crusts, tomato sauce, basil and sunflower seed burgers to put on top. I am also taking the crackers I made today, carrot and celery sticks and some homemade ranch dip. I think I will take some fruit too since we wont be able to eat the desserts. Tomorrow night I will take salad to the Leaders meeting we will attend…maybe an apple crisp too. Then on Sunday I will take a crock pot of Greek Potatoes and some cinnamon apple slices for the church potluck.

I know that there will be a lot of things to tempt me off this path. But I also know that God is able and wanting to help me…and will help me to keep going. I found Elyse Fitzpatrick to be very encouraging in her book Love to Eat Hate to Eat…breaking the bondage of destructive eating habits. She said, “ When you face the reality of your present eating habits and the despair and hopelessness of never seeing any lasting change, take heart! If you are His child, then you can rest in the knowledge that “He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of earth; and no one (not even you!) can ward off His hand” (Daniel 4:35, emphasis added). He will fulfill all His plans for you!”… “He’s in the business of changing people. That includes you.” Elyse Fitzpatrick in Love to Eat Hate to Eat.

Please pray for me if you think of it. I would appreciate it. I am really grateful that the Lord is changing me…I am fearful of myself though. I know He is faithful and I know that I am not. May I continue to look to Him in my weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10.




No comments:

Post a Comment