"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 25










Lemon Truffle
Bon Bons

Well, that's what I am calling them anyways. :)
They are officially called Lemon Coconut Energy Bites and I found them on the Mighty Vegan Blog. I did adapt the recipe somewhat. I used coconut cream concentrate instead of coconut butter and I omitted the maca. I also made 22 instead of 10. They turned out really tasty...I am enjoying them.

Jeremiah prefers these snicker doodle like cookies that I am still in the recipe development stage on. I have made them twice so far...the first time they were too dry...yet very tasty.



























The second time I made them they were too moist. I am also a bit disturbed by how discolored they become while I am working with the dough. I think it is oxidation of the apple sauce so I may try adding some lemon juice next batch. When I broke one in half the next day the discoloration was a bit disturbing as well...little greenish blue flecks inside. Weird...but still tasty. :)



























Jeremiah and I are still doing well. It has been fun to add things back in and have more variety. We have developed some new recipes and are looking forward to making some cookies for Easter. I thought we would do that today but the day got away from us so we'll do it tomorrow.

Today we were to add in pineapple, banana and papaya but for some reason we forgot and we didn't do it. I guess we will eat them starting tomorrow.

Here's what was for dinner tonight: Roasted Broccoli and Purple Cauliflower, Salad, Sunflower Seed Burgers and Fried Potatoes. It was good.
















Delicious Homemade Ketchup :)


Purple Cauliflower before it was roasted...very pretty!

















After roasting...yum. Next time no lemon though. Need to remember that. We liked it better roasted without lemon like we did last time before we were allowed lemon.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cookies, truffles and the good dinner. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, Hubs, I love you too. :)

    ReplyDelete