"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Monday, April 11, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 15

Acts 17:24,25 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands and He is not served by human hands as if He needed anything because He Himself gives all men life and breath and everything else".
I found this scripture so encouraging today...God is Sovereign! :) I hope you are doing well and feeling encouraged today. God is so good and He is in control and has everything under control and we can trust Him!

As for the Elimination diet...
Well, I haven't posted for awhile...Jeremiah (my son, and photographer) was away and took his camera with him...so I wasn't motivated to post with out the pics.

For anyone that may be following along, I am just going to quickly report that I am still doing this. God has been gracious and has provided all that I need. :) I have not strayed from the path even once and that is certainly only by His grace!!

Today Jeff was sick and stayed home from work. He needed gluten free soda crackers...I doubt they are even available here in town so I made him some...(I didn't use the sour milk, just water). I had never made crackers before. They looked and smelled delicious and he and Judah really enjoyed them. This was my hardest day yet. I was so tempted to just taste them and see how they turned out. Oh well...I know they were good because they ate them. :)

I really wanted Teff cereal this morning but I ran out. Have to get to Bob's Red Mill soon...but then again I don't want to go there...they have food in the restaurant that I can not eat...and would want to eat. :(

Tonight I had these parsnip fries...I made them with my sunflower butter. They tasted like sweet potato fries to me. I also had a small piece of sweet potato, butter lettuce, avocado and sunflower seed burgers, my new favorite from Ali's book, Whole Life Nutrition.

Even though I was tempted today I still think things are going well. :) I am happy with the food I am allowed and am enjoying things. I noticed today I wasn't drinking enough water so will need to start using a water bottle and paying more attention to where I am at on that.

I did lose another pound too. :) That is always fun!

So far we have added in lemons/limes/tamari. Tomorrow we add in potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. Jeremiah and I are pretty excited about that. We have especially missed the potatoes, tomatoes and peppers. We like eggplant too but don't eat it that often.

We've been invited to my brother's place for Easter. I am to bring a vegetarian main dish and a healthy dessert. I was happy he asked me to bring things we can eat. :) I think I am going to take the sunflower seed burgers and an apple crisp. I might take a crockpot of roasted potatoes too since I am sure we can't eat the loaded mashed potatoes that will be there. Looking forward to the time of fellowship with the whole family and spending time with everyone.

What special things do you do for Easter? Any family traditions that you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment