"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 2

Well, my son and I have officially started The Elimination Diet. We are both hoping to identify any food allergens we may have and also hoping to generally improve our health.

So far we are doing well. :)

He hasn't complained once. He has expressed gratitude that the smoothies taste better than the juices on the juicing diet we tried once upon a time.

I on the other hand...have complained. More than once. :( My main complaint is that I am freezing! Those of you who know me know that as a general rule I do not freeze...anything over 65 and I am too hot. Well...it's official...I am totally freezing. I am wearing pants and a sweatshirt...and I wish I was cuddled into my bed.

My second complaint is that every time Jeff cooks anything I want to eat too! Especially eggs. I just figured it out that it will be day 41 when we can add eggs back in. I am soooo looking forward to it already!

So here's what we are eating: Green Smoothies (click Green Smoothies for fun video on how to make one) for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. 100 oz or more of water. For two days. We are on day two. Here's the recipes for our favorite smoothies so far.

Gingery Green Smoothie
2 organic granny smith apples
2 pears
1 1/2 c water
1" of ginger, peeled and sliced
5 kale leaves, discard stem
2 large handfuls of organic baby spinach

Place 1/2 of the above (1 apple, 1 pear, et) in high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a blowl. Place the other 1/2 of the ingredients in the blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into the bowl. Stir well. Serve with a ladle into glasses. Sip slow and enjoy!

Berry Green Smoothie
2 organic granny smith apples
2 pears
1 c water
1/2 cup of blue berries
1/2 cup of raspberries
5 kale leaves, discard stem
2 large handfuls of organic baby spinach

Place 1/2 of the above (1 apple, 1 pear, et) in high speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a blowl. Place the other 1/2 of the ingredients in the blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into the bowl. Stir well. Serve with a ladle into glasses. Sip slow and enjoy!

After our 2 days of Green Smoothies only we will continue to have at least one smoothie a day...probably at breakfast. We will have other healthy things to eat too. Next post I will include that list of what we can eat.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Tell Jeff to quit fixing eggs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Rachel. :) Jeff is having a hard time. He likes me to eat with him. He says my diet hurts his feelings. :(

    ReplyDelete