"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Friday, October 9, 2009

Pear Green Smoothie

Sometimes it seems like such a chore to do what is right.
Green smoothies are something I make because it is the
right thing to do.... and I don't feel like chewing 3 - 5 cups
of spinach -- so I drink it instead. :) Today I made a
delicious green smoothie with the following:

1 pear
1/3 c blue berries
1 T coconut oil
1 T flax meal
1 kale leaf
3-5 cups of organic spinach (fill blender to the top)
pour water in to the 16 oz mark

Blend well.

I really liked this smoothie, the pear made the texture more
smooth than others I have had. Of course if you want less
green add more fruit or less spinach.

There's a fun video on youtube that teaches you how to
drink your smoothie...rather how to chew it.
Running Raw: Green Smoothies - Tips & Techniques
Check it out here.

There are all kinds of recipes for green smoothies...I would
encourage you to try some...get more greens...they do your
body good!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Linda, I haven't ventured into Blogs yet, but I sure do enjoy them..I will follow yours as well....May God bless your efforts....Love, Dee

    ReplyDelete