"For the gracious hand of our God is on everyone who looks to him." Ezra 8:22

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Elimination Diet Diary, Day 4

I am grateful that my hope is in the Lord, He is my strength!

Psalm 31:24
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,

all ye that hope in the LORD.


Today we are still doing well...but I had a few moments where I felt like I didn't handle stress well. I don't know if that has anything to do with the Elimination Diet or if it's just life. :)

We had the normal green smoothie breakfast, salad and leftover soup from yesterday for lunch.



Had a snack of rice cake with sunflower butter again too...oh and a dried fig...like a fig newton with no cookie part. :)

For dinner we had a variation of the
Summer Vegetable Kitcheree recipe by Ali. My variations: no tomatoes, no chile flakes, no coconut dollup on top. Only 1 tsp of sea salt. Our greens were collards, mustard, turnip and spinach...they come in a bag mixed together at Trader Joes. First time for us eating those greens...except spinach we've had before. The mung beans were a first for us too. We really enjoyed it.


Summer Vegetable Kitcheree

















My 6 year old Judah's bowl afterwards. :)

I need to start making some Sauerkraut tonight...I don't remember all the details about it but it's good for your gut and has good bacteria that is helpful. Here's a link for more info on that and how to make it.

Tomorrow we are having company for dinner. I hope she likes our food. Why do I worry about that so much? I know we will have a great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment